Welcome to the New Berlin (Wisconsin) Historical Society
The New Berlin Historical Society is the local history resource for this community of 40,000 residents, which is located in southeastern Waukesha County. Through artifact displays and publications, the society makes this history accessible to the public. The visitor is invited to review the pages of this website to learn more about New Berlin's history, society activities, and Historical Park.
Visitors to Historical Park:
- Open House events are held at Historical Park four times a year. Please refer to the calendar at right. Also find updates on Society events on our Facebook page.
- The Museum is open to vistors from 1-4 pm on select Sundays. These dates are also listed on the calendar and on our Facebook page.
- Group tours are available by appointment. Please call our tour guide, Joanne Erickson, to make arrangements.
- Historical Park, part of the City of New Berlin park system, is open year around to visitors. Historical information is posted on all buildings. Pictures of the buildings and information signs can be viewed here.
- Historical Park extends from 19765 W National Avenue (ES) in New Berlin, which is just west of the intersection with Racine Avenue (Y), to 19885 W National Avenue where our museum and office are located. The site includes off street parking and sidewalks. The museum is handicap accessible.
Becoming a Member/Volunteer:
- If you would like to support us by becoming a member and/or volunteering your time, please see our membership page for more information and whom to contact.
- Membership dues should be sent to Sue Hemmen.
- Donations of family histories, photographs, and other printed material that pertain to New Berlin History are welcome. Offers to donate household items, tools, and other 3-dimensional artifacts are reviewed by our interim curator, Joanne Ericksoin If you are considering a donation, please read this.
- Tax deductible monetary gifts in support of our efforts are welcome, and can be sent to Treasurer Lu Ziemer. The New Berlin Historical Society is a tax exempt organization.
- Mailing address: New Berlin Historical Society, 19885 National Avenue, New Berlin, WI 53146. Museum phone number: (262) 679-6508.
- General questions: President Anne Marquardt or Vice President Peggy Ament
- Programs: Sue Hemmen
- Membership: Sue Hemmen
- Tours: Joanne Erickson
- Donations: artifacts, Joanne Erickson; monetary gifts,Lu Ziemer.
The New Berlin Historical Society is one of the more than 400 affiliates of the Wisconsin Historical Society. The interested traveler will find an interactive map showing the locations of many local societies at www.newberlinhistoricalsociety.org\locations.
Web site content will change as activities are updated, and we are able to add more historical excerpts from our archives. So check back often!